Wednesday 6 September 2017

Dry Brushing: Why I'm doing it and so should you!


Dry Brushing

What is it and what does it do?


I'm sure most of you have heard of dry brushing by now. If you haven't, here's the gist of it:

Dry brushing stimulates the body’s circulation and lymphatic systems, getting rid of toxins faster.  By massaging the lymph nodes it helps the body shed excess water and toxins. It also:

  • Gives you smoother skin instantly and reduces the appearance of cellulite by increasing the circulation. 
  • Promotes new cell renewal
  • Exfoliates/Helps with ingrown hairs and clogged pores
  • Improves digestion and kidney function
  • Helps your skin absorb more nutrients so make sure to use a good lotion after your shower/bath



How to Dry Brush:

  1. Begin at the ankles and brush upward using light but firm strokes.
  2. Work from your legs to your stomach, arms, shoulders, back and chest.
  3. Always brush towards your heart (it's the way the lymph naturally flows)
  4. Your skin may be a little red after but that's okay, as long as you're not in pain!
  5. You should dry brush before a shower or bath to rinse off the dead skin cells.

How to choose the right brush:

It's pretty simple. Just make sure the brush has natural bristles. You also don't want the bristles to be too soft. You need them a bit firm to do the job right. You can pretty much find these brushes at any health food store. I purchased mine off Amazon HERE for under $20 and I love it. 


My Results:

I only started a few weeks ago, and I only do it when I remember (which is a couple times a week). For best results, you should do it daily. My skin does feel so much nicer afterwards and as gross as it sounds, I like seeing all the dead skin comes off while I dry brush. Anyone else? Or am I just weird?
It's also really invigorating. It wakes me up in the morning before my shower. 

If anyone else dry brushes or has any tips, please share!

Happy brushing!

L
xo





1 comment :